Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 56

Things that happened this week:

1. Tornado hit 3 miles from our apt!
2. We were in the Sunday paper!! 
3. Exchange with Elder Sealy this week! Super fun and beneficial!!!
4. Got 2 new investigators. So that was sweet! 
5. Tons of bomb studies!!
6. Did service ALL day Saturday! That was tiring, BUT AWESOME!!! I loved it!  
7. Saw a few people for the ward that were BOMB!!!
8. Me and Elder Bean and Bro Carling gave an investigator a blessing
9. Made some investigators some of my FAMOUS chocolate chip pancakes! lol. I made them all dinner
10. Made 9 ties this week!
11. The town flooded pretty bad! lol. Like 3 ft of water or more in some places. #nodrainagesystem!
12. Just a great week of work! Working hard and serving with all I have!! I love how the Lord is blessing and changing me! :D

Study this week:

I'm going to start off with some wise words from my man Kendrick! 

"I am a sinner, who is probably gonna sin again"

We are here on this earth to live learn and grow. but, He's given us a way to survive here on earth! 

11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faithbelieving that ye shall 
receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, 
surely these things shall be made known unto you. (1 Nephi 15:11)

He has given us the gospel of Jesus Christ to help us through! We have to rely on the Lord. And that is where I personally struggle sometimes. 

For he truly spake many greathings unto them, which were hard to be understoodsave a man should inquire of the 
Lord; and they being hard in theihearts, therefore they did 
not look unto the Lord as they ought. (1 Nephi 15:3)

But, I can apply the gospel and change and return to Him. I am in the Garden of Eden here in the mission (Genesis 3). I have everything I need. But, eventually I will have to leave! But before he kicks me out of the garden, He will teach me how to survive. 

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them. (Genesis 3:21)

He is teaching me to make my coats of skins that will last me a life time! I have less than a year to learn it all, but  He won't send me away ill prepared if I give it my all! So, I will learn all I can while I am here! This is how we can get past our struggles.

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. (2 Nephi 31:20)
I know this to be true! I am glad God loves me enough to allow me to learn all of this! My challenge to each of you is to press forward relying wholly on GOD! 

Elder Nathan Zeagler.  l_l-_-l   <--- Ready to Baptize!

No comments:

Post a Comment