Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week 4 Finally in Texas

This week has been a week. I got to Texas and knew I was in for a treat when I saw crop circles everywhere. But I'm alright now. 

The first two days we were with the Mission President and all the new missionaries. That was actually really fun! 

Then I left for my area. I met my companion/trainer at Bell Street Chapel and found out I was driving...not cool! I didn't know where I was going and he didn't either...so, we did get lost. But at 10 pm we made it to the Elders' place in Borger and stayed the night there. 

Throughout the week I've had ups and downs. A few good cries, but I'm alright now. I making do. The branch here has about 25 people. The town is small with about 8k people so...not a lot of people here. The neighborhoods here are sketchy. There are nice neighborhoods too. They give us water when we knock! I like them lol. They give us water and tell us to leave. ha ha ha. 

There have been lots of slammed doors, a few good lessons. I making my comp get set lessons each day. He wanted to just go around and knock all day. I said heck no!! I am not knocking on doors all day. So we teach around 3-5 lessons a day...sometimes more. It is a test of faith and will power but I'm doing good now. Letters are appreciated a lot! lol 

My companion/trainer is Elder Olmos. He is technically from Charlotte, NC, but he is originally from El Salvador. He is not like NC people. NC people are the best. At church on Sunday there was like 25 people.....not cool. But most members speak English. 

I got a free bike. It is a little messed up but it will do. I got it by asking around to Zone Leaders and they helped me out. The front tire is warped, but it rides fine. 

I drive the car for us. It exact same color and model of my car at home. Trainees done usually drive, but Elder Olmos still has a pending ticket on him. So it stinks because I have no clue where we are going usually. 
 
Send money ha ha! Letters! Anything that will help! Cool ties. etc. I bought some vitamins to help me stay healthy. I got your first package finally. A lot of it melted. Don't send chocolate. No one here sends pics of missionaries to their parents like you do... That is saddening. I have been on my knees everyday a lot. I'm doing okay now. I'll make through. I thought about quitting, but that is never an option. I'm a Zeagler. I don't quit!

I have videos on my drive for you and daddy to watch Brandon too. Then you can burn them to a CD and delete them from drive so I can have space for next week on my drive! also... Send a good SD card with plenty of storage. 

Ill write more next week. Not much time left today. 

I love and miss you all so much! stay safe and strong! 

Elder Nathan Zeagler.  l_l-_-l   <--- Ready to Baptize!

No comments:

Post a Comment